Assignments / Licensing
The rights attached to an IP may be transferred in total or in part (or simply subscribed) to a third party who becomes the new owner or possessor as the case may be. In each case, a recordal has to be done in the special register of the IP in question.
The details we shall require to prepare and file your applications for such recordals would include:
- 10 reproduction of the mark;
- Place of filing;
- Date of filing;
- Filing number;
- Registration number in OAPI;
- Name and address of transferor;
- Name and address of transferee;
- Nature, extent and duration of the transfer;
- The notarized act attesting to the transfer or subscription (indicating the date and nature of the transfer or subscription).
- Power of attorney (notarization not required).